Open Source Dutch Wordnet is a Dutch lexical semantic database.
Demo of Open Source Dutch WordNet. Release first version of the Open Dutch Wordnet (ODWN): December 02, 2014. By Marten Postma and Piek Vossen.
ODWN was created by removing the proprietary content from Cornetto (http://www2.let.vu.nl/oz/cltl/cornetto), and by using open source resources to replace this proprietary content.
Open Source Dutch WordNet contains 116,992 synsets, of which 95,356 originate from WordNet 3.0 and 21,636 synsets are new synsets. The number of English synsets without Dutch synonyms is 60,743, which means that 34,613 WordNet 3.0 synsets have been filled with at least one Dutch synonym.
The demo of Open Source Dutch WordNet can be inspected by go through these steps:
(1) Use as browser Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
(2) Go to https://debvisdic.let.vu.nl:9002/editor/
(3) login with: username: gast, password: gast
(4) click in the left box on ‘ODWN’ add click the ‘Add’ button
(5) click the button ‘Open dictionaries’ and inspect the resource
This project has been co-funded by the Nederlandse Taalunie (2013-2014).