We’re hiring academic assistants!
Are you a Master Student in Linguistics, Computer Science, AI or Communication Science? Do you want to get paid for working in an exciting research project that combines research strengths from different disciplines?
We are always looking for talented students for projects involving computational linguistics, computer science and communication science. Positions are for 1 day per week during the academic year 2017-2018.
Here you can recent annotation projects at CLTL to get an idea: Annotation projects
The projects that are now looking for students:
- Enhancing Quality Assessment Using Perspective Detection
- Annotating news on gun violence news, fire incidents and dismissal of people for the SemEval2018 Task5. Interested? Send a mail to email@example.com
- Dutch FrameNet Corpus continued. Interested? Send a mail to isa.maks.vu.nl
- New projects will be listed here in the near future…
If you are interested but want to know more about the possible projects and what to do please get in touch with Chantal van Son. Otherwise, send a motivation letter and CV to the contact person for each project.
Preferred knowledge and skills are:
- strong background in linguistics and affinity with technology (programming skills are a plus), or;
- strong technological background and an interest in language technology.
- some projects require knowledge of Dutch, some good understanding of English
Why you should apply:
- You will be taking part in a real research project and become knowledgeable about the research field
- You will be collaborating with fellow students and researchers and learn how to do interdisciplinary research;
- Topics of interest can be used for term paper and thesis;
- You might even have the chance to publish a paper and attend a conference;
- The work hours are flexible;
- An excellent opportunity to boost your CV.
- And you get paid!!!